blue zone living is based on this wonderful study done by Buettner looking at the longest-lived people in the world. in short, the 9 principles he found these people had in common:
1. move throughout the day everyday
2. live with purpose and meaning
3. slow down and appreciate the moment
4. eat a plant based diet that includes more seeds and nuts
5. eat naturally and organically, eliminating processed foods and the excess of red meat
6. drink a glass of red wine along with your plant based meal
7. belong to a faith based community or fellowship (this doesn’t have to be a religion)
8. love your family and invest time with them
9. spend time with a community of like-minded healthy living, supportive friends who laugh and enjoy life
as i live these 9 simple principles, i see that each and every one of them is good for my heart. these are conscious choices that i can make everyday, and that’s empowering.
when i care for my heart, and nourish and connect through this precious part of me, i find peace and harmony. i hope others will join me in blue zone living.